*This blog post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
This is a must try recipe! The almond flour makes them extra chewy and soft, the recipe is simple and oh-so tasty! I like to use good quality chocolate in my chocolate chip cookies as it really does make a huge difference. Lindt chocolate is one of my favourites to bake with. I like to chop the chocolate into big chunks, mixing dark and milk chocolate together. It’s a simple tip that’s a real game changer in the cookie department!
When purchasing almond flour make sure to buy blanched almond flour. This is where the skins have been removed from the almonds. You can use unblanched almond flour but just note the colour of your cookies will be darker and more speckled.
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar
- Blanched almond flour
- Good quality milk & dark chocolate ( I prefer Lindt Chocolate)
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Vanilla extract
Tips for The Best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use room temperature butter, but make sure it’s not too soft.
- If your cookie dough is too soft, chill the dough until slightly firm. This helps the butter from spreading out too much while baking.
- Make sure to cream your butter and sugar until it’s thick, creamy and well combined.
- Be careful not to overbake the cookies. The chocolate chip cookies will be soft out of the oven but will firm up as they cool. Leave the cookies on the pan to set before moving.
- Use good quality milk and dark chocolate. This helps create an interesting depth in flavour.
- Use blanched almond flour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure your batter. This will give you even baked cookies every time.
How To Make Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step One: Make your batter and add good quality milk and dark chocolate. Scoop tablespoon size balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Leave lots of room for the cookies to spread out.
Step Two: Bake for 8-10 minutes and let chocolate chip cookies cool on the baking pan before removing. If you try and move them while they are hot they will not hold their shape.Print
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious gluten free cookies are made with almond flour and will rival any non gluten cookie. They are soft, chewy and full of chunks of milk and dark chocolate.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 24 mins
- Yield: 36 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (not too soft as the butter will run out of the cookies)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour, lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups good quality chocolate (mix of milk and dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream sugar and butter together until well incorporated. Add egg and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture. Beat until well incorporated. Add chopped chocolate and mix to combine.
- Drop approx. 1 tablespoon size of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Leave lots of room as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should start to brown on the bottom and the sides.
- ***Leave the cookies to cool on the tray!! If you take them off too early they will fall apart! Do not overbake!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: Chocolate Chip, Cookies, Gluten Free, Almond Flour, Dessert, Treat
Yes, you can make almond flour chocolate chip cookie dough up two days in advance. Pre-roll your cookie dough and place them in an airtight bag. Once ready to bake let the cookies sit out at room temperature while the oven preheats and bake as directed. You can also freeze the cookie dough for up to two months.
Almond flour cookies can easily go flat with the lack of structure in the flour. Make sure to lightly pack each cup of flour as there can be an inconsistent amount in each cup, causing either too much or too little almond flour. Also, make sure your butter isn’t too soft as this will also spread your cookies very thin while they bake. Place the cookie dough in the fridge to firm up before baking.
Yes, these almond flour chocolate chip cookies are gluten free. Make sure to use gluten free chocolate as all chocolate isn’t gluten free.
You may also like: