I just love making these candy cane cookies for Christmas (and so does my brother Chris)! A few Christmases ago I discovered this cookie recipe and ever since I’ve been hooked! They are soft (and chewy) and rich; the white chocolate pairs perfectly with the crushed candy canes, which gives them their chewy and fresh festive taste.
I always double the batter and make lots of the dough to have on hand (surprise, surprise), which is perfect to have around the house for those chilly winter days or when unexpected guests pop by for a holiday visit. I divide the dough into even amounts, roll them into logs, cover in wax paper and then pop the rolls into a freezer bag. They will last a few months in the freezer or up to 5 days in the fridge. Then all I have to do is defrost them, and then bake them as you’d normally do.
These candy cane cookies also make an adorable Christmas gift too! You can give them already baked and packaged in a cute little Christmas bag or even frozen in the rolls of cookie dough, so they can be baked fresh from the oven whenever needed. Maybe just take the wax paper rolls out of the freezer bag and package in cellophane to make them look pretty.
You won’t regret making these super simple and festive cookies this year, I promise!
Happy Baking 🙂Print
Candy Cane Cookies
Super addictive, chewy, minty and festive; you’ll just love making these candy cane cookies for Christmas. They make a fun cookie for your holiday cookie exchange for the kids and the adults too!
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (55 g) crushed candy canes (extra for topping if you’d like)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda, mix to combine. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Turn the mixer to low and add your crushed candy canes and white chocolate chips, beat until well blended.
- Drop tablespoon sizes of dough on your prepared baking sheet (about 2 inches apart).
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes (careful not to overbake these cookies).
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. These cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month.
Also as mentioned in the blog post you can make the cookie dough ahead of time, roll into logs, refrigerate or freeze for later.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Sodium: 71mg
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: Candy Cane, Cookies, Christmas Baking, Holiday Baking
You may also like: