The sun is finally shining and with spring comes a new little arrival; baby Faye! I’m so excited for my good friends Ashley and Andre who now have another sweet little girl to join their growing family, along with big sister Sage.
I wanted to bring over a little something for my visit to meet little Faye so I decided on some mini lemon bundt cakes that could be served with coffee or tea. They freeze well so Ashley could put the leftover cakes in the freezer and pull them out to serve any unexpected visitors.
They are the perfect combination of a cake and a loaf. What makes them so lemony sweet is the simple lemon syrup that they are drenched in! You literally soak these cuties in the syrup until there’s no syrup left. You can dust them with icing sugar to finish them off but I wanted to add lemon drizzle (I think it adds a nice touch to the bundt shape without overdoing it). You could also make this recipe in a loaf pan if you don’t have mini bundt pans.
It’s nice to share and celebrate happy moments with friends, and treats too!
Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes
These mini lemon bundt cakes are super moist, sweet, sour, zesty and full of flavour. They are the perfect light treat to enjoy on a summers day!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6–8 small cakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon rind
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Simple Lemon Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- The juice of one fresh lemon
- Make your simple lemon syrup. In a saucepan combine sugar, water and lemon juice; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Prepare your mini bundt pans by coating the inside with butter and flour, making sure to coat all the groves in each pan (if you are using a loaf pan, line with parchment paper and set aside).
- In a stand mixer beat sugar and lemon rind to blend lemon flavour into sugar.
- Add butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour and baking powder until blended.
- Add dry ingredients to your sugar mixture; alternating with milk just until combined.
- Fill your bundt pans approx. ¾ full, leaving room for the cake to rise.
- Bake in the center of your oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Place baked bundt cakes on a cooling rack to cool.
- With a toothpick poke holes in the cake. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of your simple lemon syrup all over the cake (while cake are still in the pans). Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn out cakes, being careful to keep cakes in one piece.
- Poke more holes on the top of the cakes and dip the tops of each bundt cake in the simple syrup (wait if the cakes are too hot). Continue to drizzle syrup over cakes until you no longer have any syrup left.
- Dust with icing sugar once you’re ready to serve.
Store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
Will keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks in airtight container.
For Lemon Drizzle; mix ½ cup sifted icing sugar with 2 teaspoons warm water and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix until blended and drizzle over cooled cakes.
- Serving Size: 1 mini cake
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 38.5g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 56.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
Keywords: Mini Bundt Cakes, Lemon Cake, Cake, Summer
You may also like: