Every time I make pizza I’m always left with one or two extra balls of dough. I normally freeze the dough to use later. This time I thought I’d try something new with the dough and came up with these little pizza dough garlic sticks. I made them into twists for fun, but it’s not necessary. You can easily leave them in sticks or wedges.
I kept the garlic butter simple with salt, roasted garlic and fresh parsley. Then I added fresh parmesan cheese to give some extra depth and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like parmesan cheese?! You can get a little fancier if you’d like and add some more toppings to play around with. The only change is you may not be able to twist the sticks if you get too many toppings. Keep the dough in sticks and sprinkle other toppings on top.
- Add different cheese options; mozzarella, feta etc.
- Take the heat up with some spice; add red hot pepper flakes to your garlic butter
- Add herbs; make an herbed butter with a variety of fresh herbs like, rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.
- Pizza Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Cheese dip
Pizza dough garlic sticks are an easy change up using any pizza dough. It’s simple and fun to whip up a variety of flavours and shapes. So have some fun and get creative in the kitchen. Happy Baking!Print
Pizza Dough Garlic Sticks
These pizza dough garlic sticks are perfectly soft, yet crisp! They are slathered in a homemade roasted garlic butter and baked to perfection. Use any homemade pizza dough to make as much or as little as you like!
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 12 Garlic Sticks 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves, roasted garlic*
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup parsamsan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a small bowl add butter, roasted garlic* (see notes on how to make roasted garlic), chopped parsley and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and the butter is smooth. Set aside.
- Roll pizza dough out into a rectangle approx. 12 inches x 8 inches and 1/2 inch thick (if you are using the entire pizza dough recipe, divide dough into 4 or 5 sections and use as much dough as needed, wrap extra dough in plastic and freeze for later).
- Place dough on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Partially melt butter, so it’s soft and a little runny.
- Brush the entire surface of the pizza dough with the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the surface and gently press the cheese into the dough.
- Flip the dough over and repeat; brush the dough with the butter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Using a large sharp knife, slice 1 inch strips, starting at the longest edge (12 inch).
- Then, twist each strip 3 or 4 times.
- Slide a baking sheet under the parchment paper with the bread sticks on top.
- Bake for approx. 8 – 15 minutes or until crisp and browned (time will depend on how large your bread sticks are).
- Serve warm with pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
* To roast garlic, preheat oven to 400˚F. In a small heatproof dish (or wrap in foil) add garlic cloves (with the skins on) and a little oil. Bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 40 mins. until garlic is browned and soft when pressed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 66mg
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: Pizza Dough, Galic Sticks, Appetizer
You may also like:
Fantastic Idea thank you so much for putting up this post it is really great having come across such a helpful post. I could not think that from the dough we could make such tasty garlic sticks. Thanks for taking an effort to make this post I really liked it a lot.
Thank you Supriya, hope you give the recipe a try.