It’s starting to get colder outside, the days are shorter and I can feel winter is fast approaching. My desire to hibernate is kicking in – to stay home (where it’s warm) and eat comfort food all winter. These are the days that I especially like to fire up the oven and enjoy some warm baked goods, particularly first thing in the morning! Like these raspberry coconut muffins!
I found my inspiration for these coconut raspberry muffins from the freezer! I’m not big on throwing food out and being wasteful so when I have food that I can’t finish, I package it in clear bags/containers and toss them into the freezer. I’ve had these local raspberries in my freezer for some time now and today I finally put them to good use. Honestly, I didn’t feel like leaving the house to buy ingredients so whatever I had in my fridge I made do -plain Greek yogurt, shredded coconut, and frozen berries, yum. Volia, raspberry coconut muffins! To make them even better I made cinnamon crumble topping for a buttery crunch! They turned out scrumptious. You could make these muffins with any variation of berries or nuts that you find in your freezer, but I really like the raspberry coconut combination.
The recipe makes a large amount of muffins which is great for sharing/gifting – or packing them up individually in the freezer and pulling them out for a snack later. I like to reheat them by broiling the coconut raspberry muffins in the oven with more butter, so they get a little crispy but stay moist with the melting butter as they warm in the oven.
Also, Follow these Recipes
Happy baking and stay warm out there!Print
Raspberry Coconut Muffins
These muffins are made with plain greek yogurt, shredded coconut, and frozen berries. Then they are topped with a cinnamon crumble for a buttery crunch! A perfect snack or morning treat. The recipe makes a lot, perfect for sharing or you can freeze half for later.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and at room temp.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (approx.)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
Cinnamon Crumble Topping
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare muffin tins with muffin cups, set aside.
- Melt butter slowly, let it cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and coconut. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, yogurt, eggs, and cooled melted butter.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the frozen berries near the end of the mixing, do not overmix!! Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- For the Crumble – In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix to incorporate. Cut the butter into cubes, using your fingers rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle crumbles over the tops of the batter filled muffin cups. Top with shredded coconut.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 19.8g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
Keywords: Muffins, Coconut, Raspberries, Breakfast
You May also like: