Here’s a simple twist on the classic S’more treat, but there’s no bonfire needed here! These S’more chocolate chip cookies are gooey, chocolatey and so heavenly sweet! Each cookie has its own graham cracker base, a soft, chocolate cookie and a sticky marshmallow top! This is an easy cookie recipe using a classic chocolate chip cookie dough that everyone will love!
Whether you’re camping, cottaging or hanging out in the backyard for a summer bbq these cookies will give you that summer feeling we all know as a kid! Heck, you can even sit around the bonfire and enjoy the cookies without the mess!
These are two classic recipes combined as one! You may even have all the ingredients on hand (at least you should around summertime)! This is such an easy recipe to whip together, simply lay out graham crackers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add a tablespoon size of chocolate chip cookie dough on each graham cracker and top with marshmallows- voila!
- Graham Crackers
- Large Marshmallows
- Milk and dark chocolate chunks (milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips, or your favourite chocolate bar)
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- large egg
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
To make these S’more chocolate chip cookies even more ‘S’more’ add a piece of chocolate (or a Hershey bar) on top! You could also drizzle melted chocolate over the gooey marshmallow top or add a few extra chocolate chips!
Tips for the Perfect S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Make sure your egg and butter are at room temperature.
- Make sure to flatten the cookie dough balls into discs, this will help with even baking. Be careful not to make the cookies too large on top of the graham crackers as they will spread and may not bake through.
- Place the large marshmallow cut side (sticky side) down into the chocolate chip cookie dough and press firmly into the dough. This will help it stay on top of the cookie as it bakes.
- If the marshmallow slides off the cookie while baking, quickly and carefully slide the marshmallow back on top before it cools. Be careful not to get any hot sticky marshmallow bits on you!
- Use large marshmallows as mini marshmallows will spread and fall off of the cookie creating a big mess. If you have no other option but to use mini marshmallows add them into the chocolate chip cookie dough so there is less chance of a mess.
- In order to keep a crisp graham cracker let the cookie cool on the baking sheet before removing. Leave that cooling rack in the cupboard!
Storing S’more Cookies
S’more chocolate chip cookies are best enjoyed the same day for crunchy graham crackers. The graham cracker will start to soften after day one. This may not be a bad thing if you like softer graham crackers. Store S’more cookies in a single layer in a tin or an airtight container for approx. three days.
How To Make S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step One: Prep your ingredients; place approx. 20 graham cracker squares out and cut large marshmallows in half. In a large bowl make your chocolate chip cookie dough.
Step Two: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place a few graham crackers on the cookie sheet. Roll approx. 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball, then flatten into a disc. Place the cookie disc on top of a graham cracker. Then place two marshmallows on top of the cookie dough, sticky side down.
Step Three: Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet before removing. Enjoy!Print
These easy S’more cookies have everything you love in a S’more but as a cookie! They have the combination of a crunchy graham cracker, a soft chocolaty cookie and a gooey marshmallow all piled on top of each other creating the perfect mix.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Treats
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 20 Graham Crackers
- 20 large marshmallows
- 6 Tablespoons (85.2 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup each of milk and dark chocolate bits
- Cut the marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Make your cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer (or using a stand mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add egg and vanilla, beating until well incorporated.
- In a medium sized bowl add flour, baking soda and salt, mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until well incorporated, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then add chocolate bits, mix to combine.
- On your prepared cookie sheet place out the graham crackers, leaving lots of room between each cracker (do not overcrowd the cookie sheet).
- Take approx. a tablespoon size of cookie dough and shape into a disc, place in the centre of a graham cracker and repeat until all graham crackers have a cookie dough disc on them.
- Then take two marshmallow halves (sticky side down) and press them into the cookie dough, repeat until all of the discs have two marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookie dough is soft and the marshmallows are brown.
- Let cookies cool directly on the cookie sheet, if any marshmallows slide off the cookies while baking, quickly and carefully push them back on top.
- Cool cookies completely before enjoying.
These S’more cookies are best enjoyed the same day, but will last up to 3 days. Store in an airtight container in a single layer.
If for some reason your marshmallows are not browning while baking, you can broil them for a minute, keeping a close eye on them as they will burn fast.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 25.9g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 43.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
Keywords: Cookies, S’mores, Summer Treats
S’more cookies are best enjoyed the same day, as the graham cracker will begin to lose its crunch and become soft. So it’s ideal to bake the cookies the same day. Although you can prep the chocolate chip cookie dough ahead of time and prep all your ingredients so it’s easy to throw together and bake on the day. The chocolate chip cookie dough will last 2 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 months in the freezer. Allow the cookie dough to come to room temperature before baking.
No, it’s not necessary to chill the cookie dough before baking S’mores. The fun part about these cookies is the gooey chocolatey mess they make. When you chill the dough you firm up the fat in the cookies which will stop the cookies from spreading as much. For this recipe we want the cookies to spread over the graham cracker and make room for those sticky marshmallows!
You may also like: