This recipe comes from my dessert company Simply Sweet and they were my most popular cookie. I even sold the Toll House cookie dough in rolls to bake at home.
- Light brown sugar & granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Unsalted butter
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
Make Ahead – Freeze into Cookie Dough Rolls
I always try and have cookie dough on hand so I can bake fresh hot out of the oven cookies whenever unexpected guests come by or when I simply have a chocolate craving. The idea of making cookie dough rolls and freezing them was inspired by this. I make my Toll House cookie recipe up in big batches, divide the dough up, roll them into logs and freeze them. Then all I have to do is pull the dough from the freezer, defrost, slice and bake! Voila, a fresh batch of cookies.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Make sure your butter and egg are at room temperature. This is essential in baking and should become a habit if you want to make the perfect cookie!
- Use the best quality of chocolate for the best results.
- Toast the pecans for more flavour and a crunchier bite!
- There’s no need to chill this cookie dough.
- Don’t overcrowd the cookie sheet with cookies, this will cause uneven baking. Leave lots of room for the air to circulate around the cookies.
- Take the cookies out of the oven just before you think they are done. Let them continue to bake on the cookie sheet out of the oven for another two minutes then transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Cookies last longer when they are slightly underbaked (and they taste better too)!
Step One: Make your cookie dough. There’s no need to chill the chocolate chip cookie dough.
Step Two: Using a cookie scoop or spoon, measure approx. 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto a baking sheet, leaving lots of room between each cookie. Bake cookies for approx. 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and the center is still soft and slightly gooey.
The most popular cookie ever, with two types of chocolate and lots of pecans. This is a classic recipe that everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 30 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup each milk and dark chocolate bits
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla, flour and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Mix in chocolate bits and pecans and beat on low until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop approx. one tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet (approx. 1 1/2 inches apart), using a fork press tops of the cookie dough down.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, or until lightly golden (don’t overbake).
- Cool slightly on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the dough ahead and freeze for up to two months. Roll into logs and cut and slice for later. Defrost the dough and bake as instructed.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: Chocolate Chip, Cookies, Dessert, Toll House
You may also like: