Who here celebrates Pancake Tuesday? Count me and my family in! I love this day, it’s such a fun excuse to make pancakes for dinner and bring the family together. Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day, and now you’re actually encouraged to eat breakfast at any time of the day!! And hey, the winter is long and there doesn’t seem to be much to be excited about except the arrival of spring.
I thought I’d change things up from the classic pancakes and try something different, like ricotta pancakes and add a sweet raspberry sauce instead of topping my pancakes with maple syrup. Who’s kidding who, I added maple syrup plus the raspberry sauce and it was delicious!!
I was super impressed at how light and fluffy the pancakes turned out! I could only taste a hint of the ricotta cheese but really enjoyed the subtle flavour and it paired perfectly with the sweet raspberry sauce.
I’m no master when it comes to making the perfect fluffy pancake like my Dad. His Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes are the fluffiest and tastiest around. He truly has mastered the perfect pancake. If you’ve ever had the pleasure of enjoying his pancakes at the cottage then you’ll know what I’m talking about! He loves making and sharing them with his guests (it must run in the family, the pleasures of sharing and cooking food; bringing people together). And you will also know that he doesn’t steer from his favourites! I’m very tempted to see if I can persuade him to try these ricotta pancakes. I know I won’t be able to get him to add the raspberry sauce, but baby steps here folks!! I can also predict what he will say – “they were good, but I like my blueberry pancakes better”. Stay tuned to find out if I can get my Dad to branch out!!
Happy Pancake Day!!Print
Ricotta Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce
Here is a fun switch from the classic pancake, these light and fluffy pancakes are made with ricotta cheese and topped with a sweet raspberry sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Baking
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups sour milk* (or buttermilk)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Raspberry Sauce (get the recipe here)
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In another large bowl add milk, eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract. Mix well until incorporated and smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix just until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes while you heat up your pan.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or skillet on medium heat. Oil or butter pan.
- Drop batter approx. ¼ cup size and spread the batter out a little with your spoon. Cook for approx. 2-3 minutes until bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown, flip pancake over. Do not flatten the pancake with your spatula!
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven until all the pancakes are ready.
* Sour milk – is slightly acidic milk. To make sour milk add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 cup (250 mL) of milk. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes until lumps start to form.
- Serving Size: per pancake
- Calories: 58g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: Pancakes, Ricotta Pancakes, Breakfast, Raspberry Sauce, Brunch
You may also like: